Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pythagorean Theorem

One of my favorite things to teach in Geometry is triangles.  I do not know what it is about them, but I just think that they are fun and there is so much that you can do with them.

When we covered Pythagorean Theorem, I used some great videos that I wanted to share.

The first video is a great representation of why the Pythagorean Theorem works.  I had a student observer in my room in the fall and he showed me this video.  It is very simple and it works.


One of my favorite opening activities for the following day is to show the Wizard of Oz clip.  I will always be a Kansas girl as heart and love this movie.  But there is a huge mistake in it.  I like to play this clip to see if the students catch the mistake.  You have to play it a few times because the scarecrow says it really fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment