Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Great Activity for Anything!

I know it has been a long time since I posted….I just do not know where my time went.  The truth about every teachers life.  This year, my resolution is to keep up with my blog more.

To start the year off right, I want to share this hot (since you know it is cold here in Missouri right now) activity with you.  This can be used with any grade and any class really.  The nice thing is, it is a self check activity.  I have done it where they just have to work the problems and follow the activity from problem to problem and I have also done one with riddles.  The riddles is fun, but most my students could guess the riddle after a few problems which defeated the purpose.  If the students get the correct answer, they should start with one problem and hit them all in a certain order.  If they repeat, they made an error.  I typically stand in the hallway with the correct order so that I can easily find the mistake.  As I walk around I also check that they are on the right track.

I have used this activity as a review of the prior days homework, a chapter review, or even final review.  It really fits into anything.  It does take some time to set it up, but once it is ready it is worth it.  Don't worry if you make some errors along the way with it at first, I have done it plenty of times.

Algebra 1 Example- Final Review

Algebra 2 Example- Function Operations

No comments:

Post a Comment