Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Geometry Time

With Common Core upon us, we have to make sure that students can use geometric tools. Time to bring out the proctors, compass, and straight edge.

Since we do not get technology for a few days, I figure now would be a great time to do some basic constructions.  I am hoping that with all the vocabulary in our first unit, I can have them search for it on the internet instead of just copying it down from me.

With our further ado, here is a packet that I made.  It is designed to take two block periods.  You will have to cover some basic vocabulary real quick so that they know what they are drawing.  I am also implementing some of the Workshop Model.  I am going to give them a quick overview of a section, like 5 minutes max, and then let them work.  After a while, go to the next section.  It will also help with attention spans.  Lots of back and forth between listening and then working.

Happy Constructions!!

Geometry Constructions

No comments:

Post a Comment